Want a quick resource to have with you for emergencies? How about a free first aid app?
The American Red Cross has a free first aid app for Apple and Android phones. Here are the features, as stated (word for word) on the American Red Cross website:
- Simple step-by-step instructions guide you through everyday first aid scenarios.
- Fully integrated with 911 so you can call EMS from the app at any time.
- Videos and animations make learning first aid fun and easy.
- Safety tips for everything, from severe winter weather to hurricanes, earthquakes and tornadoes help you prepare for emergencies.
- Preloaded content means you have instant access to all safety information at anytime, even without reception or an Internet connection.
- Interactive quizzes allow you to earn badges that you can share with your friends and show off your lifesaving knowledge.
To download one for your phone, click on one of the links below:
To be best prepared for unexpected emergencies, make use of these free opportunities “during the calm before the storm” — during those periods when you least expect an emergency. Then, if and when you’re ever faced with a real emergency, you’ll be far better prepared to deal with it.